Monday 11 February 2013

Unsuccessful Application

Many of you may remember last year just after the cycling bug took hold of me I mention the Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 and that I had entered the Ballot for a place to ride.

Well last week the letters were sent out and as you can see from the title of this blog I did not get a place. To say I am disappointed is an understatement and it helps no less than the book of failure which comes with the letter saying there are loads of charity places still available. Really if I thought I could raise that sort of money off my friends and family again I would already be signed up with a charity. Rant over!!!

Even with my new goals for 2013 doing a 100 mile cycle in the 9 or 10 hour limit whilst tough is doable and would not impact on my running needs as I am only planning running no longer than 10k distance. But to be honest it may be a blessing in disguise trying an endurance race of any kind this year may be silly and getting a place I would have taken part.

One of the reason's for being disappointed is this is the first year of this race, that would have been really cool to be part of a big race that hopefully will be run for many years to come. I will enter the ballot for next  year and hope to be successful.

On the injury front the calf is becoming tiresome I want to go out for a run but know if I do I will do more harm than good, that does not make it any less frustrating I now feel that for everyday I don't run it will be harder when I do start again. Not a feeling I like but something I have to bear at the moment my watch word is Patience and that is something I need in abundance right now having disappointment as well just make's this week a little tougher than normal.

Writing this blog has helped me deal with these issues, come to terms with them, and move on. I have an important job to do on Sunday at Brighton that I am so looking forward to, cheering on Becca Jones, Debbie Cox and Lorraine Albon (Dr) Giving back something that all three have given me in the past help support and encouragement. Then hopefully I will step out for a little run and prepare for my next big challenge my 1st Duathlon on the 10th March 2013 so looking forward to trying something different.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't get in either... I didn't even read the magazine for reasons you've already said

    ReplyDelete